Updated: January 1, 2020
Categories Of Information We Collect
Personal information and other information you provide us.
- Account Information, including your username, password and email address, such as when you register for a Firework account.
- Profile Information that you provide for your user profile, including identifiers such as your first and last name, age, gender, and phone number.
- Communications between you and Firework. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices), marketing, and other communications.
- Identifiers, which we automatically collect when you use the Service, including your IP address (not using GPS data), and internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your device information, or other unique device identifiers, cookies (as defined below), browsing records, mobile carrier, time zone setting and geolocation data, mobile or device model, operating system and platform as well as information regarding your use of the Service, e.g. the comments you make on our App or any other user-generated content and video content that you broadcast on our App.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
We use third party analytics tool Google Analytics and Firebase provided by Google, Inc (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). We also further use Facebook Analytics and "Facebook Pixel" of Facebook Inc. (1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA) ("Facebook") and Amplitude Analytics (631 Howard Street, 5th floor, San Francisco, CA 94105).
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site and other third parties.
Several types of cookies are used for our Service:
- Essential Cookies – These cookies enable you to use our Service. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Service and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Service. These cookies also help keep our Service safe and secure.
- Preference Cookies – These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, our Service may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use our Service, such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, response times, and error messages.
- Content / Advertising Cookies – These cookies gather information about your use of our Service so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They are also used to gather feedback through surveys. They remember that you’ve visited our Services and help us understand usage of our Service.
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser. For further information about cookies, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org
More Cookie And Log File Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the web page or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
When you use a mobile device like a phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Firework.
A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. For more information about personalized or interest-based advertising, please see the “Sharing of Your Information” section below. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you send a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.[A10]
PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- communicate with you or third parties, or allow third parties to communicate with you
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- take the appropriate technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the Service or your personal information
- comply with legitimate requests or orders from competent public authorities and courts, including data protection authorities
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- make User Content available to third parties that are non-owned and non-operated by Firework, subject to your opting out by notifying our Support Team at email@example.com
- automatically update the Firework application on your device.Firework or other Users may run events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag) associated with that Event.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information for the purposes described above includes processing that is: necessary for the performance of our contract with you (such as where necessary to provide you with our products or services); necessary for our legitimate interests (such as to carry out analytics in order to improve our Service); and necessary to comply with our legal obligations (such as to respond to a subpoena or other legal process). In some cases (e.g., for the purposes of sharing information with third-party advertising partners), we may rely on your consent to process your information, which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time by contacting us at the details listed below. Withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was withdrawn, and we may have another valid legal basis to continue processing your information.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Whom we may share your information with
We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with other entities, including entities that we do not own or operate. You may limit sharing through contacting Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out. Firework may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service. We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations like online advertising platforms, analytics services, and cloud hosting providers that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
We may also share your information with our corporate affiliates.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Firework or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), your information such as name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
We may also share your information for any other purposes disclosed to you with your consent.
HOW WE STORE, TRANSFER, AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Firework maintains facilities.
Firework may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to parties located in a country or jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction (for example the United States). We take appropriate steps to ensure that such personnel and third-party vendors are bound to duties of confidentiality and we implement measures such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure that any transferred personal information remains protected and secure. A copy of these clauses can be obtained by contacting us at the details listed below.
We also use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We also maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete, and current.
CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Firework or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes, in accordance with applicable laws.
What rights do you have related to the processing of your personal information?
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request restriction of processing of your personal information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal information.
Users in the European Union may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if they consider that our processing of their personal information infringes applicable law.
Please send an email to us if you would like to exercise any of your rights (email@example.com).
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To request a copy of your personal information maintained by us, please contact us as at the e-mail address in the How to Contact Us section below.
California residents may also request access to, deletion, and portability of their personal information in accordance with applicable law by contacting us at the email address in the How to Contact Us section below. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, although some of the functionality and features on the Service may change or no longer be available to you. Any differences in the Service are related to the value provided.
Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to exercise rights on your behalf.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US